- SOAR – the first Bank-backed membership network built for Black entrepreneurs opens for applications for founding members today
- The platform provides a community for Black entrepreneurs to gain peer-to-peer learning, group coaching and exclusive events to grow and scale their businesses
- As entrepreneurship continues to climb, SOAR will put Black founders on a path of sustainable growth, with assistance from top-notch mentors, coaches, and the unmatched expertise of HSBC
25.09.2023, LONDON, SOAR, the first Bank-backed membership platform built for Black entrepreneurs, has launched, opening up for new members today. Created by UK Black Business Show, exclusively in partnership with HSBC, the platform will give members a range of benefits.
Black entrepreneurs often encounter a distinct set of hurdles in their journey towards scaling their businesses. The 3 biggest barriers our community has highlighted are access to funding, access to mentors and networks and access to new business opportunities. With almost half a million businesses created in the first half of 2023, Black-led businesses are more likely to fail in the first year if these hurdles are not addressed and overcome.
SOAR dismantles these obstacles, cultivating an inclusive ecosystem, where Black entrepreneurs can flourish. Through 3 tiers of membership, founders gain access to;
- Monthly coaching webinars hosted by growth experts who have already created scaled businesses.
- In-person networking events providing opportunities to meet and connect with other entrepreneurs, investors, and corporate buyers.
- Lead generation and personal introductions with UK Black Business Show’s corporate network, SME network and investors.
- Members-only areas at UK Black Business Show events.
- Quarterly in-person strategy days with Raphael Sofoluke, Founder and CEO of UK Black Business Show.
Raphael Sofoluke founder and CEO of UK Black Business Show said:
”“We continuously seek innovative methods to empower Black entrepreneurs. Our new membership platform, “Soar”, backed by HSBC, marks the first bank-supported membership for Black entrepreneurs in the UK. This monthly membership is designed to assist Black entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey, providing them with unparalleled support, enabling them to transform into thriving and successful businesses. It’s been a long- awaited endeavour, and we are eagerly anticipating Black entrepreneurs to Soar“
Peter McIntyre, Head of Business Banking, HSBC UK, said:
”"At HSBC UK, we’re committed to creating a world of opportunity for all, and that requires equity and showing up consistently. SOAR is a much-needed resource for Black Business owners and we’re delighted to be able to provide our support"
Applications are currently being accepted for the first 500 members in preparation for a full launch in January 2024.
To explore the different membership tiers, visit the website on the link below or meet the membership team at UK Black Business Show on the 7th October at the Business Design Centre.
About UK Black Business Show
UK Black Business Show is the leading network for the Black entrepreneur and career professional. The UK Black Business Show and related brands (UK Black Business Week, Birmingham Black Business Show, Black Tech Achievement Awards) aims to develop, empower, inspire and recharge Black business owners, professionals and allies of the Black community.
About HSBC Kinetic
The HSBC Kinetic Current Account was created specifically to help owner-run start-ups and small businesses achieve big things. Our app-based current account makes business banking simpler and faster, so you can focus on what you do best – running your business. Let’s big up the start-ups!
For media inquiries or further information, please contact
Abby Cairns – Marketing Manager